COUGAR CLIPS NEWSLETTER
Volume 16, Issue 8 October 29, 2014
Dear Carmel Creek Parents,
Our reading incentive program, Books and Beyond/Gold Medal Reading has begun. Your child came to the Media Center and learned about the reading program and the incentives offered. For more details of the program, please go to:
We are proud that our school has been a 100% Gold Medal School for seven years and hope to repeat this great accomplishment again this year.The purpose of Books and Beyond/Gold Medal Reading is to establish the good habit of reading. We hope that your child will read 15 to 20 minutes every night. This reading can be done individually or with a parent.
There will be a special “End of the Year Books and Beyond Celebration” for the students who reach level 8 – the GOLD MEDAL LEVEL!! To get the kids started, we are offering an Otter Pop for every student who is on level 1 by Nov. 15th. So start recording your reading using the online recording log!
Katie Zimmer, Media Center Teacher
Terri Davis, Principal
Share and Care
We are adopting Central Elementary in Imperial Beach, South Bay School District. They are in desperate need of books for their School library. Don’t forget to bring used books into school Nov. 3rd – 7th.
Congratulations to our Innisbrook winners!
Marco Catanzaro was our top sales person!
Our top selling class was Mrs. Ray’s class!
We raised a little over $9000 and are super proud of our Carmel Creek students!
STREAM Expo is scheduled for Jan. 29th, 2015 from 5:00 – 6:30 pm
Theme: “Conservation Nation”
- This year we are expanding our Science Fair to include project submissions in the fields of Science, Technology, Research, Engineering, Art and Math!!
- Also something new this year is a Stream Career Professionals area, headed up by parent volunteers who work or have worked within the STREAM industries. The goal is to show our kids what kinds of jobs are available to them within their particular STREAM of interest! Let’s show our kids what they can do and inspire the next generation to make a more positive impact on our environment and in the lives of others!
- Volunteers will also be needed to help make posters, fliers and general organization of projects on the day before the expo and on the evening of the expo!
- We can’t do this without you, Parents! Please consider volunteering as a general helper or as a STREAM Career Professional! It’s not a huge time commitment to volunteer but it makes a huge difference in the outcome for our kids!Contact Andrea Morgan at AMB1312@aol.com with questions or to volunteer.
Congratulations to our PTA Ride the Wave of Learning Raffle Winners!
1st Prize — Nicole Kaminski, iPad Mini
2nd Prize — John Yoo, Ralphs Gift Basket
And remember, the (PTA membership) Responder Race is still going on…Help your class reach 100%. Enroll today! For easy online enrollment using PayPal log on to: http://carmelcreekpta.org/mem/
SUPPORT OUR DISCOVERY LABS
Contribute to Solana Beach School Foundation (SBSF) by Nov. 7 and you will be eligible to participate in raffle drawings for a mini-iPad or 2 front row seats per grade to your child’sperformance. Don’t forget the company matching benefit you may have through your company!
As of 10/22/2014, we reached 55% of our budget with 50% participation.
We can reach our 100% goal with 100% participation!!!
Please donate ASAP!!!
Online payment at school website or checks to front desk.
Solana Beach School Foundation at Carmel Creek
Calling All Carmel Creek Paparazzi!! 2014-2015
Do you have some great photos that could be used in the yearbook? We have a new community site for Carmel Creek where you can upload your photos if you would like your pictures to be considered for the yearbook. We’d love to see your photos from the Friday Social, Spirit Days, Discovery Labs, class parties, field trips and other school events!
You can also use this site to upload pictures for your class yearbook page, as well as to share
pictures with other families.
How to get started
- Go to Community.Pictavo.com
- Create an account
- Our school ID number is: 52022
- Follow the steps to create an account
After you have created an account, you can begin uploading your images. There are folders set up for each class and different school events.
Please contact Grace Satoda (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
Thanks so much!!!
To our Red Ribbon Week Chairs, Committee Volunteers & Carmel Creek Staff who together, put on a wonderful week long celebration of events and learning opportunities that will be remembered for years to come!!
To our Halloween Carnival Chairs & Committee Volunteers: Thank you for your commitment in coordinating the biggest and best Halloween Carnival! Your hard work and dedication are truly appreciated by your Carmel Creek PTA and all families at Carmel Creek!! Thank you!!
To our Innisbrook Chair and Volunteers, a huge Thank you for dedicating your time & efforts to make this year’s event special for our kids & a success! Thank you!!
To CC Staff, PTA volunteers and families for making the Halloween Carnival a huge success!
From Liz Brown and Lara Chapman
A big thank you to the TK and Kindergarten parents for hosting a much appreciated staff brunch!